ALMOST DONE – Arsenal To Announce Signing Of £80,000-A-Week Star

According to the Daily Star, Arsenal seem likely to take advantage of Newcastle United’s relegation to the Championship thereby making a move for club captain Moussa Sissoko who is one of the few positives of Newcastle’svabysmal season.

Sissoko prior to joining Newcastle in 2013, had played six seasons in the French Ligue 1 with Toulouse. The midfielder can play in any position in a three man midfield (4-3-3) or as the No.10 in a 4-4-2 formation. Already a French international with 28 caps, Sissoko will be a massive addition to a title hungry Arsenal side.

Newcastle are holding out for a fee around £20 million of which Arsenal are reluctant to pay. Newcastle would have to sell some players to reduce their wage bill as they adjust to life in the Championship and Sissoko might be one of them. With his place in the French team in danger, it is unlikely Sissoko will go down to the Championship with Newcastle next season.

The French man responded when asked if he will go down the Championship with Newcastle, “It’s difficult to answer if I will stay back in Newcastle after the relegation but I know this team and this club deserved to stay up. But we are in the Championship now so we need to do everything to try and come back for next season because this club should normally be in the top 10 of the Premier League.”

“This season was hard for everyone but we need to carry on and work hard for the season after”, he concluded .

However having splashed out £33 million for Granit Xhaka from Borussia Monchengladbach, it is unlikely Arsene Wenger will meet the £20 million valuation of Sissoko.