Reliable Source- This £95,000-A-Week POWERFUL CB To Join Arsenal

According to RMC Sport, Arsenal are exploring the possibility of tabling an offer for injury prone Moroccan and Bayern Munich centre-back Mehdi Benatia after the 2016 Euro’s in France.

Arsene Wenger it seems wants to sanction the signing of a quality defender after his team conceded cheap goals which cost them the Premier League title last season. Having signed Granit Xhaka from Borussia Monchengladbach this week, Wenger is targeting another player in the Bundesliga.

Benatia has been injury prone since moving to Bavaria from Roma in 2014. The 29 year-old has played in only 29 Bundesliga games for Pep Guardiola’s side in his two years at the club. With Benatia in defence 29 times , Bayern have had a clean sheet in 18 of those games which is an impressive stat.

It is expected that Arsenal will place him on a £95,000-a-week-deal which is expected to entice him considering he does not earn such in Bayern.

Benatia had this to say when asked about his future, “I have three years contract left in Munich. If Bayern want me to leave- no problem. If they want me to stay-I will stay”.

It is difficult to see reasons why Wenger is hell bent on signing a player who has had a succession of injuries and rarely fit and then also earn as high as £95,000 at an advanced age of 29, with little or no improvement expected in his game as he might have passed his peak.

Arsenal should rather look for a younger and fitter player than continue to chase Benatia considering that Bayern Munich are difficult negotiators in transfers and hence the high valuation they will place on the defender .