Arsenal Has Signed £110k/Week “New Pirlo” Claims Former Arsenal Star

Ex Arsenal and present Hamburg centre-back Johan Djourou has compared new Arsenal signing Granit Xhaka with two-time Champions League winner and 2006 World Cup Champion Andre Pirlo. Pirlo now plays in the USA with New York City which happens to be the same team with David Villa and Frank Lampard.

Djourou said, “Granit is a great ball player, the guy has a magical left foot. He can ping the ball over the place. He is a strong tackler and he is very hard going into tackles. Overall he is a very, very, very good player. “

“He can see a pass. He can assist. He ca tackle . I would say, if I am being honest, there is a little bit of a Pirlo about him, just in terms of the precision that he plays the ball with. Granit can play those types of ball. “

“He can come and get the ball and ping it 40 yards onto your feet. He is that kind of player, but with more physicality to his game”.

“It is hard to give a perfect description but I would say he has a bit of Pirlo about him”, he concluded .

Xhaka was signed this week by Arsenal for £30 million from Borussia Mochengladbach.