Arsenal Makes £38m Bid For £80,000-A-Week UCL Finalist

Following the euphoria and success of signing Borussia Mochengladbach’s Granit Xhaka Arsenal are in top gear to sign highly rated Juventus forward Alvaro Morata after the Euro’s in the summer.

After struggling for goals last season which saw top striker and French man Oliver Giroud struggle for goals (going 15 games without a goal) they Gunners are now bent on correcting the flaws of last season by signing the 23-year -old former Real Madrid player this summer. Arsenal have already submitted a bid of £28 million for the Spaniard, while Juventus are hell bent on ensuring that Arsenal meet their £38 million valuation of him .

Juventus want to recoup part of the money spent on signing the striker in 2014 though Real Madrid have a buy-back option. Real Madrid on the other hand are expected to pay Juventus €32 million which is his buy-back fee before selling him for around €50 million in the same summer.

To confirm the likelihood of the youngster leaving the Seria A champions , Max Allegri (Coach of Juventus) had this to say, “The club are working on the transfer market and monitoring possibly alternatives. We have a lot of forwards with players who are all in national teams and many young guys.”

“I’ve already given Morata some advice: he needs to stay at Juventus…. What did he say? He nodded. I hope he understands, I’m saying this for his own good,” he concluded.

Allegri’s statement was maybe made in respect to the claim by the CEO of the club Giuseppe Marotta who confirmed that Juventus would struggle to keep hold of their stars considering the mouth watering TV Rights deal that has flooded the English Premier League. He even went to the extent of saying that Juventus cannot match the salaries that mid-table clubs in England pay their players.