BIG News: Wenger Targets 38 Goals CF, Giroud To Become 2nd Choice

If reports in the French media is anything to go by, Wenger has told Olivier Giroud he is not going to be a key player at the club next season as the Arsenal boss is ready to bring in a world class striker and Giroud will have to be happy with been a second fiddle or leave the club.

After having signed Granit Xhaka from Borussia Monchengladbach, Arsenal according to L’Equpie ate interested in bringing in either Jamie Vardy, Gonzalo Higuain or Alvaro Morata. Morata in particular has constantly been linked with a move to Arsenal with many reports claiming Arsenal will be paying Real Madrid as much as 38 million to sign the player.

But I personally find the links to Higuain very interesting. We were close to signing the Argentine. He was reported to have agreed personal terms with Arsenal before Arsenal decided to pull out of the move and went after Luis Suarez who later decided to stay at Liverpool before moving to Barca.

The interest in the world class trio was confirmed by highly reliable French Journalist Matt Spiro on twitter.

The stats of the three players compared to that of Olivier Giroud are as follows.

Gonzalo Higuain 36
Jamie Vardy 24
Alvaro Morata 7
Olivier Giroud 16