£75,000-a-week Star To Complete Arsenal Transfer Within Hours – Reports

Arsenal Set To Finalize Transfer Deal Within Hours

According to sources at Football Insider, Arsenal are confident of reaching an agreement for Wojciech Szczesny to return to Roma for a second season. Even though the Italian side have just agreed to sign Brazilian goalkeeper, Allison, these sources claim that Arsenal are now in talks with Roma for Szczesny to return for a second spell.

With Roma set to send Allison off to Fiorentina next season on loan, this could pave the way for Szczesny to become AS Roma’s No. 1. And with this, the Gunners will be hoping an agreement can be reached quickly for Roma to pay the majority of the goalkeeper’s £75,000-a-week wages.

Szczesny has come out in recent times to throw jabs at Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger while praising his manager at Roma.

“Spalletti highlights the importance of having good feet when playing football ” Szczesny said, as quoted by Italian publication Gazzetta.

“One day we spent 45 minutes practicing just goal kicks. If I stay at Rome, I’ll continue to grow and if I return to Arsenal, I’ll treasure my experience in Italy, even though I’ve learned more in fourth months with Spalletti than I did in 10 years in England.”

The Polish goalie also took a swipe at Peyton who has been the goalkeeping coach at Emirates Stadium for 13 years while talking about Roma’s goalkeeping coach Guido Nanni.

“Nanni is a great professional and I like working with him because I’m never bored. We have a great friendship.If I took a step forward in my career, it’s because of him”

Szczesny who is now 26 years old joined Arsenal at the age of 16. With comments like that, the Polish international has risked creating enmity between himself and the Arsenal family. And now, Arsenal will be looking to quickly cash in on the goalkeeper who still has two years left on his contract.