£80k/Week Star Blasts Wenger “I Learnt Nothing I Will Leave Arsenal”

Former Arsenal goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny has come out to say that he wants to remain at AS Roma. Szczesny who joined Roma on loan from Arsenal last summer has indicated that he is not ready to play second fiddle to Gunners No.1 Petr Cech.

The Poland international has taken a swipe at Arsenal and Arsene Wenger via Goal, claiming he has learnt more during his short spell in Italy than in England and that Roma coach Luciano Spalleti has had a more profound impact on his career than Wenger.

“I learned more in four months with Spalletti than in 10 years in England,” the 26-year-old said.

“I know where I will play in the next season but I won’t say it. If I stay in Rome I will grow more, if I will return to Arsenal I will make good use of this experience.

“Arsenal have paid most of my salary, and I have another 2 years on my contract with them.”

Szczesny who played 31 times for Roma last season enjoyed plenty of playing time and was a key part of the Roma squad. Seems like the Poland striker is keen on remaining in Italy.