Arsenal Open Talks To Sign £65,000-A-Week POWERFUL CB

Arsene Wenger has been reported to be have a Centre Back and a Striker top of his shopping priorities this summer transfer window. And having signed Granit Xhaka from Borussia Monchenglad, Arsenal have moved on other targets. Online Soccer odds sites seem to believe Arsenal will be doing some very good transfer businesses this summer.

We have recently been linked with the signing of differen centre backs but if new reports are to be believed, it seems the Gunners have gone shopping at the Stamford Bridge. Arsenal have made a surprising enquiry about Chelsea defender Kurt Zouma according to Italian transfer expert Emanuele Giulianelli.

It is understood that Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has been in touch with future Blues boss Antonio Conte regarding a swoop for the Belgian national. Wenger is looking to replace the ageing Per Mertesacker with a younger defender who will be able to take on strikers better. And it seems Zouma has fit the bill.

Zouma who is a graduate of Saint-Etienne is just 21 years of age and was being watched by Arsenal before he made a move to the Bridge. Last season, he suffered an injury to his anterior cruciate ligament and will be out for the start of next season.

It is still uncertain if Antonio Conte will agree to the move as he would like to keep the young defender with John Terry ageing and Cahill the only other major name they have in defense. And to be realistic, we have little chance of getting Zouma from Chelsea unless the player himself put in a transfer request which won’t happen.

We should instead concentrate our effort on signing someone like Mehdi Benatia. The Moroccan seem available after Bayern Munich completed the signing of Mats Hummels, we should be all over him especially as he will be available on the cheap considering he is now surplus to requirement with the Bavarians.

Aside Benatia, we could take advantage of AS Roma’s well documented financial troubles to get Kostas Manolas. With Chelsea retaining John Terry for another year, we have a good chance to sign Manolas as the Blues won’t have immediate need for the Greece international centre back and will do.

Our long interest in him would go a long way in showing him we appreciate his talent and considering the age of Mertesacker and the fact that Gabriel doesn’t look like he is good enough, he will fancy his chance of regular first team football with us. Manolas will be the ideal centre back to partner Lauren Koscienly in the heart of our defense.