Almost Done – Arsenal OFFICIALLY Bids For £19m Rated 6ft 2″ CB

According to Italian publication, Gazzeta dello Sport, Arsenal are considering making an approach to sign Inter Milan centre-back Jeison Murillo this summer transfer window.

Murillo was as solid as a rock in the heart of Inter’s defence together with Miranda as the Nerazzurri conceded only 38 goals during their 2015/2016 campaign, third best record of the season.

The North London side are reportedly keen on securing the Colombian international’s signature. The 24-year-old who moved to Inter from Granada in February 2015 for a reported fee of €8m (£6m) made 34 league appearances, 32 of which were starts.

“My future? It is always an unknown quantity and we’ll have to see what happens,” Murillo told La Stampa, as quoted by Calciomercato.

“Having said that, I am very happy here. Roberto Mancini talks to us when necessary, has his ideas and is to be respected.”

Inter coach, Roberto Mancini, is keen on retaining the South American defender but Inter are willing to sell if interested clubs could match their asking price of €25m (£19m).

Inter are already lining up replacements for the Colombian should he leave with names like PSV Eindhoven’s Jeffrey
Bruma, Marseille defender Karim Rekik and Argentine centre-back Emanuel Mammana from River Plater being considered.