22 Goals South American Striker Speaks On Arsenal Move

While speaking on TMW Radio, Hull City striker Abel Hernandez has revealed that it was impossible for him to join Arsenal during the January transfer window last season.

But Hernandez who endured a difficult debut season in England following his £10 million move from Palermo to Hull City has managed to find his feet during the campaign that has just passed.

He helped the Tigers earn promotion back into the Premier League, scoring 22 goals in the process. Halfway through the season, he had already bagged double digits goals (14).

When he was awarded the Championship Player of the month for January, Arsenal were believed to be considering a move for the 25-year-old. That move did not materialize and Hernandez has come out to speak his mind after being asked if he would have made the move.

He told TMW Radio: “I do not know if it was true or not, but it was impossible that Hull City would let me go at that time. We were the first in the league, we were doing well and we wanted get promotion. The club did not sell any player.”

With Hull City’s promotion to the Premier League, speculations have appeared again as regards a potential move to the Emirates.

About this, he added: “I honestly do not know (about the future), you should ask my agent. For now we do not know, I still have another year of my contract with Hull City. We will see.”

“Yes, last year there was talk of some teams. But honestly now I do not know if it’s time to go back to Italy, I’ve adapted well here. Obviously, if it were to be a top Italian club, I would not think too much. But for now I’m happy here and I think of next year in the Premier.”