2nd Signing? Arsenal Makes Official £25m Bid For Serie A Star – Not Morata

Arsenal surely to sign a world class striker this summer. Arenal created chances upon chances last season but must of them were thrown away by the likes of Giroud, Walcott and Welbeck hence it is a must that Wenger brings in a striker this summer.

And we have been linked with the signing of so many strikers in recent time. But a surprise name has recently been added to the list of players linked with us. According to various reports from the Italian media, Arsenal is interested in signing Napoli’s Duvan Zapata and have made official contact with his club and a reported £25m bid for the player.

It was initially thought that it is a mere rumour but this much has now been officially confirmed by udinese’s President. Yes, Udinese and not Napoli president. This is so because the player is on loan at Udinese from Napoli.

“There is a clause that allows Napoli to recall him early from the two-year loan,” Soldati told Radio Kiss Kiss .

“He is very happy in Udine, his agent said that too and I hope he can remain with our jersey.

“He also received many offers from abroad, including from Arsenal.

However, first we want coach Beppe Iachini to get to know the team so they can make shared decisions.”

Duvan scored just eight goals in 25 appearances last season in the Serie A which is not far from Morata’s seven goals in 22 serie A matches. However, I personally think we can do much more better than someone like Zapata. I mean, we have waited three years to replace Robin Van Persie, we should be replacing him with a world class striker and not some unknown player.