2nd Summer Signing Almost Done, Arsenal Close To £20m CB Signing

Arsenal having signed Granit Xhaka are not relenting in their bid to bring in quality players to the club this summer. The club have been linked with various players in the market in the last few days. Today, new name is added to the list of players we have been linked to.

This time, according to reports from Italy, Arsenal are interested in signing Inter Milan and Colombia centre back Jeison Murillo. The Colombian is reportedly seen by Wenger as the ideal partner for Laurent Koscienly. The Italian club are said to be interested in signing the player if a bid of £20 million is received.

Inter Milan are said to be having financial problems and need to sell someone of their players in order to balance the book and avoid UEFA FFP hammer landing on their head. He made 40 appearances for both Inter Milan and Colombia last season and scored twice.

Having seen him play I think he is a quality player and Arsenal could maybe get him for cheaper than the £20million price tag been quoted. This is especially considering the fact that Inter themselves bought him in January 2015 for just £6.1m.

Should we end up signing him, he will be a long term replacement for Per Mertesacker and should his signing happen, it will be interesting to see how the competition for the other centre back place beside Koscienly will span out.