“I Will Play For Arsenal Next Season, Not Barca” Claims £42.3m Rated Star

Back some four/five years ago, when any big club is linked with the signing of an Arsenal player, the fans are often scared. This is because most of the time, the players end up leaving. But from all indication, that’s now a thing of the past.

21-year old defender, Bellerin, who left Catalan giants Barcelona, five years ago and has become one of the finest full backs in world football has attracted the interest of his former club. Reports claim that the Spanish giants will attempt to resign the player this summer. And according to transfer rumours, the defender has admitted he is delighted to be linked with the Spanish club.

The defender who has decided to focus on winning a spot in Spain’s squad for the Euro 2016 championships has dismissed reports claiming he will be a replacement for Dani Alves once the Brazilian leaves the club.

“Well, the truth is that right now this does not interest me, because I am focused on the national team,” he told Cadena Cope.

“For those things I have an agent who deals with off-the-field issues. When you have a good season, news like this always emerges.”

“I am very misinformed about it, these are questions for my agent, but I am happy to attract the interest of such big clubs, that’s always nice. I have said it before: I am very happy where I am and I do not think about anything else than the national team.”

“These things, until they come, you never know what to do. My agent does this job,” he said.

“I do not know very well what’s happening at Barcelona. If Alves leaves they will need a new right-back, but there are a lot of good players around Europe.”

A recent report shows Bellerin is the most valuable defender in the world. He is valued at £42.3 million which shows how much progress he has made under Wenger. Hence his show of gratitude. Something the likes of Adebayor, Nasri, Fabregas and Robin Van Persie never had.