After Vardy, Arsenal Want 30 Goals In 42 Games Tottenham Target

Although Arsenal are said to be close to signing Jamie Vardy, some reports even claim the deal will be announced later today, but the reports also claim Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is still keen on bringing in another striker this summer.

Arsenal have recently been linked with the signing of Az Alkmaar’s Vicent Janssen. Arsenal scouts have reportedly watched the Dutchman in action a couple of times and the reports given to Wenger is impressive. The player himself has now added fuel to the rumours by saying he is merely waiting for a phone call and claims he will definitely like to move to England.

The player was quoted by Metro as saying; “I want to make a step, that is clear. But there is no white smoke just now. England? We will see. Maybe something will happen in the holidays. I will take my phone with me anyway.”

Janssen scored 30 goals in 42 appearances for Az Alkmaar in all competition last season and created four assists as well. His wonder return in the just concluded Dutch league has seen him linked with moves to Tottenham, Liverpool, West Ham and Arsenal.

He is reportedly available for as little as £15 million which explains why Wenger could be ready to take a putt on him especially considering the fact that the market is greatly inflated at the moment with strikers going for as high as £65 million.