“Arsenal Is My Favorite Team, I Want To Play For Them” Mkhitaryan Reveals

One player Arsenal fans will like to have at their club is Henrikh Mkhitaryan. Any news reporting Mkhitaryan to Arsenal gets tons of hits and it appears it is a matter of when and not if the player will play for Arsenal. Reports in Germany seem to claim the player is on his way to Arsenal as Dortmund have finally lessened their initial stance that they will not be selling the player.

Kicker, a reliable German media out let, even more reliable than the BBC and Skysports, have confirmed the Armenian may be on his way to Arsenal before the end of the transfer window. This is even as Dortmund are reportedly interested in signing Empoli star Riccardo Saponara.

And judging by a quote attributed to Mkhitaryan himself, he badly wants to play for Arsenal. The player was quoted by UEFA.com as saying; “My favourite team is Arsenal,” said the attack-minded midfielder, who has played ten games for Armenia, scoring once. “I like their attacking play and fast style. Moreover, Arsène Wenger puts faith in young players while demanding results at the same time. I like that and want to play there one day.”

This is a strong indication that should Dortmund truly decide they do not want to lose him on a free transfer and let him go, he will be choosing Arsenal ahead of Chelsea who have also been linked with his signing. Although Juventus too have been linked, it is believed that Mkhitaryan wants a move to England and with Chelsea not playing in the Champions League next season, one is safe to conclude that Mkhitaryan in the next couple of weeks will be in an Arsenal shirt.