ALMOST DONE – BBC Reveals Date Jamie Vary Will Sign For Arsenal

Arsenal shocked the football world on Friday when news emerged that we have triggered the release of Jamie Vardy. It was also reported that Wenger had a one on one meeting with the player which was successful. We have since offered him £100,000 a week on a four years contract an offer which the player reportedly accepted.

However, Leicester City made him a counter offer which has now put the player in a state of confusion. BBC journalist David Orstein later revealed the player will announce if he will join Arsenal or remain at Leicester City before heading to the Euros with France. However, the player didn’t make up his mind before flying to France with England.

BBC are now reporting the player and his representatives have asked Arsenal to wait till the player is done with his participation at the European Championship before he makes his decision known. This tallies with what England manager Roy Rodgson said when he told his players he want them to overlook any transfer rumours till the end of the European Championship.

It remains to be seen if Wenger and Arsenal will be comfortable to wait especially as waiting on Vardy to make up his mind could mean Arsenal losing out on their other targets. Remember when we kept Higuain waiting because we found out Suarez could be gotten for cheap and ended up signing no one?