PICTURE Proof – Arsenal POWERFUL CB Target Signs, Work Permit Awaited

After signing Granit Xhaka, every Arsenal fans agree the club needs at least a centre back and a striker. It appears the striker front is been dealt with by the club with the bid made that has triggered the release clause of Jamie Vardy. Although we are still waiting for Vardy to make up his mind, but at least we know the club is actively trying to bring in a striker that is able to score the numerous chances we create.

However, we have been dealt a major blow in our pursuit of a centre back. Last week news emerged that one of the centre backs Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has his eyes fixed on signing is Villa Real’s Eric Bailly. The big powerful African was signed by Villa Real as a replacement for Gabriel Paulista who joined us over a year ago. However, Eric Bailly is now a Manchester United player.

United were never linked with the signing of the 22-year-old Ivorien until this week and all of a sudden they have announced the signing of the player. This is a major blow to Arsenal and it shows there is a real chance of ending this window without getting what we need if we do not move quickly. The pace at which United have moved and concluded the deal is an indictment of Arsenal’s operation.

United have not allowed the deal to drag on and on but have moved swiftly and unless the player doesn’t get a work permit, which is unlikely considering the amount of money involved, he will be playing for the Red devils.

We certainly do not need to buy a 30 million centre back and I personally I am not bitter that Eric Bailly has chosen Manchester United over us but hopefully we will learn to move very fast in the transfer window. Long over due really.

Eric Bailly