Arsenal News – Official BID Made For £80,000-A-Week Chelsea Target

German side hamburg have reportedly made a £9.5million bid to sign Newcastle midfielder Moussa Sissoko.

Sissoko, 26, who is currently representing his country in France at the on-going European championships, revealed he wants to leave Newcastle in the summer and he is not set to play Championship football next season.

Sissoko told French outlet Foot Mercato, “I have reached a level where playing in the Championship would be difficult for me, I need to continue to evolve”.

“There will be discussions. I hope that they go in the right direction. I want to leave. I would like to continue my career in England, in a club that plays Champions League football.”

Hamburg have now declared their interest in Sissoko by lodging a fee around £9.5m bid to sign the want away star this summer, according to French newspaper L’Equipe.

Hamburg’s offer  look too small to be accepted by Newcastle, with Newcastle attaching a £20m price-tag on Sissoko.

Sissoko has shown interest in joining Arsenal, and has issued a come-and-get-me plea to the Gunners to remain playing top flight football next season.

Hamburg finished a disappointing 10th in the German Bundesliga last season and will be unable to fulfill Sissoko’s dream of playing in the Uefa Champions League next season, so a move to Germany seem unlikely.

In my opinion, Arsenal does not need Sissoko, as the Gunners just signed a similar creative midfielder in Granit Xhaka and might have to battle for a place with Aaron Ramsey, Jack Wilshere, Santi Cazorla, Alex Chamberlain and Alex Iwobi who can all play in the same box to box role as Sissoko. He will be surplus to requirement.