Arsenal CLEARED To Sign Mkhitaryan As Other Chasing Club Pulls Out

It was all excitement in Turin yesterday as Juventus announced the signing of AS Roma deep lying midfielder Miralem Pjanic for €32 million. The Bosnian signed for five years and is the latest player to join the Old Lady.

The former Lyon midfielder had this to say, “It’s always been tough to play here in Turin against such a great team and a great club. There’s a wonderful atmosphere.

“Now in a Juventus player, I’m delighted and I hope that for our opponents it will still be very tough to play here. It’s a great thrill for me. I hope we’ll win together and that the people at Juve will like me.

Pjanic was in good form last season scoring 10 goals and also providing 12 assists in the Seria A as Roma finished third in the Seria A qualifying for the playoffs of the Champions League next season. The signing will mean that the player will play deep in midfield while Paul Pogba will play further high which may turn out to be a perfect match. Pjanic is seen as a bargain at €32 million as his set-piece alone is among the best in the league.

His signing will be a form of good news to Arsenal fans as Juventus were highly linked with Borussia Dortmund’s Henrikh Mkhitaryan who is presently tipped to join Arsenal this summer. While the two midfielders don’t play the same position as Mkhitaryan plays further high up the field and Pjanic plays deep like Pirlo, it still comes as a big relief to Arsenal fans who feel that Juventus would not be able to pay the required £25 million after paying €32 million to sign Pjanic.

Mkhitaryan is Arsenal’s priority this season and seeing him sign for another club will infuriate the Gunners and this is why the fans have urged the administrators to go and sign the Armenian at all costs. At 26 Pjanic is a year younger than Mkhitaryan but the BVD midfielder is a more attacking midfielder and can play in any attacking position in the team which tilts the balance in his favour. Juventus do not posses the financial clout of Arsenal and must play by the Financial Fair Rules and at such might not be able to afford the Armenian which leaves the likes of Chelsea and Manchester United as Arsenal’s rivals.

Arsenal have an advantage over these two as the (Arsenal) can guarantee the Armenian Champions League football next season which is a tempting factor that makes the club more appealing. Though the club cannot boast the financial clout of both clubs, that doesn’t make it an average club as the only reason it applies caution in spending is due to the nature of coach Arsene Wenger who is an economist and one that is shrewd.

It still too early to conclude where Mkhitaryan will end up next season but one thing is clear Juventus seems to be out of the race for good after signing Miralem Pjanic.