Arsenal Set To FINALLY Complete Morata Signing As PSG Pulls out

Reports emanated from Italy today that, Edinson Cavani has signed a new contract extension with Paris Saint-Germain, to end speculation linking him to the premier League.

Earlier report says the Uruguayan will quit the French champions this summer after becoming frustrated at being forced to play out of his favoured position, and had been forced to play out wide.

The opportunity to play upfront, following Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s departure could have made the striker extend his contract with French champions Paris Saint-Germain until 2020, according to Sky Italia,

Cavani, 29, who’s new deal is reportedly worth over £6million-a-year and contains over £1.5m of potential bonuses crashed out of the Copa America with his National team Uruguay after finishing third in the group.

This latest development could give Arsenal a chance of landing Juventus striker Alvaro Morata, who is also targeted by PSG. Now that Cavani is staying put, Arsenal is now in the pole position to sign Morata as PSG will no longer need the Juventus man.

Morata has been heavily linked with a move to Arsenal, and says that his first choice is to stay at Real Madrid but that he is excited by the prospect of playing in the Premier League.

“It’s clear that [staying at Madrid] is what I’d most like. That’s my desire, to win things at Madrid,” he told Spanish sports daily AS.

“But at Madrid there are great players, and what I want is to play and to feel important.

“Next year I will play in the team that I have the most opportunities in.

“There are some offers from England that are tempting, not only because of the contract.”

“I think that for my style of play, the Premier League would be a great place to go,” he said.

Morata’s goalscoring record is not hugely impressive, having scored 27 goals in 90 appearances, but Real would still be asking for close to £40m for the 23-year-old, who is in the Spain squad for Euro 2016.