ALMOST DONE – £65,000-A-Week Star To Complete Arsenal Move This Week

Report from Italy says Italian side AS Roma is set to extend Wojciech Szczesny’s loan for another season.

The Polish international spent last season with Italian club AS Roma after falling down the pecking order at the Emirates.

The Poland goal tender enjoyed his loan spell at Roma last season and he is keen to stay in Rome next year. The Italian club is keen on keeping the goal keeper for another season and it is thought that the Italian club is closing in on an agreement with Arsenal to extend his stay.

London club Arsenal and Roma are close to an agreement which will see Szczesny move to Italy for another season, according to Italian Journalist Gianluca Di Marzio via HITC Sports,

The 26-year-old goal keeper, after securing regular football in Rome, has revealed he wants to remain at AS Roma and the shot-stopper will be excited by this latest developments, the goalkeeper confirmed during the just concluded season that he wants to play at Roma next year.

“I want to stay, It’s not all up to me, obviously. I want it to happen, and I know Roma and Arsenal are talking about it, so we’ll see what happens.

“I’m happy to have helped the team and winning the title must be the next objective for this club.” Szczesny said.

Szczesny joined AS Roma last season following the arrival of former Chelsea goal keeper Petr Cech and started 42 games for the Serie A club.

The latest development is aimed at developing the talent of the young goal keeper who is better of playing at Roma as against returning to Arsenal and sit on the bench.