Jamie Vardy Told To Join Arsenal

Danny Mills has questioned why English striker Jamie Vardy is stalling on a move to the Emirates, insisting the move should be done by now.

Speaking to BBC Radio 5 Live: “I would have walked down the M1 to Arsenal!

“I find it bizarre. If you’re agents speaking to Arsenal, the first question is: ‘Do you want to go to Arsenal?’

“It should be done and dusted. To turn around and say: ‘I’m going to think about it’… I don’t think Arsene Wenger will like that.”

Arsenal reportedly triggered the £20 million release clause for Jamie Vardy’s contract last weekend after his title winning season with Leicester City, in which he scored 24 goals.

Vardy is currentlt away with England’s European championship squad in France, with the transfer now being delayed until after the tournament, having originally been expected to be completed before Engands opening game against Russia.

The former Manchester City defender Danny Mills does not understand why Vardy is undecided over the transfer to North London, admitting he would have gone beyond limit to secure a move to the Emirates.

Vardy was an unused substitute as England drew 1-1 with Russia in Engands Opening group match in Marseille on Saturday night, at the on-going European championship.

England now require to earn a positive result, preferable a win, against Wales on Thursday to keep hopes alive of making it into the knockout phases of the competition.