After Losing Out On Vardy, Arsenal Plan £60m SIgning of Mkhitaryan & Draxler

According to Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger, The North London club is unlikely to bring in more than three players this summer. The Arsenal boss also disclosed in the same interview that he expects Jamie Vardy to stay with the Premier League champions Leicester City, he futher discussed his plans for the squad this summer.

“We’ve already bought one player – Xhaka – From Monchengladbach. So we’ve bought one midfielder and we’re still on the market to buy one or two more players. But it is not easy.”

“It is not just buying. We also have to keep a good balance. If you buy too many players you destabilize your team. So three is the maximum.”

It will be remembered that in mid May, Arsene Wenger made the same claim, Arsenal has been in the market for a proven striker, and have been linked with a couple of wide attacking players.

Arsenal has reportedly moved on from Borussia Dortmund’s Henrikh Mkhitaryan, with Julian Draxler being the latest player linked to the North London club.

Wenger admitted in the same interview mentioned above that he is an admirer of Julian Draxler and he has been watching the players progress at the on-going European championship in France, where the Arsenal boss is currently working as a pundit.

A deal never materialized in 2014 when Arsenal first moved for Draxler, but reports in Germany this morning shows that Draxler is pushing for a move as he is unhappy at German side Wolfsburg, who signed for from Schalke in 2015,.

Arsene Wenger’s comments could mean that he plans to bring in no more than three additional players, meaning that if a player leaves, his replacement would not count as one of the three new additional players.

Notwithstanding who leaves, the European championship ends, Arsene Wenger is expected to make couple of signings.