2nd Signing? Arsenal On VERGE Of Signing £75,000-A-Week Madrid Target

Arsenal according to reports has been adviced to trigger Ricardo Rodriguez’s release clause before July 1 in order to be the front-runners to get the players signature this summer.

This means that the Gunners have just seven days to sign the Swiss player, who is currently on International duty at the on-going Euro 2016.

The Wolfsburg Sporting Director, Klaus Allofs has tipped Arsenal and other interested club that both Rodriguez and Luiz Gustavo’s prices inflate after the Seven days period.

‘We are on the alert and we are prepared,’ he told Kicker.

‘They will not get cheaper, rather the opposite.’

Allof also confirmed that Rodriguez has been keen to the Volkswagen arena as he said that the player has earlier told the club that ‘he sees his future somewhere else’, though he warned that if no club triggers his transfer clause within the time frame given he may not be able to leave this summer.

The 23-year-old has been linked with the Gunners for some time now, which means the Gunners have a due date to take action and get the player or Wolfsburg will not be able to negotiate any transfer for the Swiss defender after the end of June.

‘There is sufficient time to go to a choice amid that period,’ Allofs included.

‘We’d need to internally discuss a transfer at a later date.’

Rodriguez is valued around £18.75m according to TransferMarket.co.uk and the Gunners have 45% advantage to get the services of the player.

Arsene Wenger now has a better chance to fill the position of a defender this summer within the next Seven days.