Now that is been made clear that Arsenal’s move for Jamie Vardy has been rejected, here are five players who Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger should now turn his attention to in a bid to reinforce the Gunners’ attacking department.
There is lot of attacking options available for Arsene Wenger to explore. From Premier League star man like Everton striker Romelu Lukaku to Serie A superstars Alvaro Morata, it is a populated transfer market.
5. Alvaro Morata: The Spanish striker is looking for a new club and has found many suitors, one of which being Arsenal. Unfortunately, Morata’s old club Real Madrid is likely to activate a buy back clause in Morata’s contract worth 30 million euros. The Madrid based club is reported to have little interest in actually keeping the Spanish international, but would rather sell him again for a profit. In my Opinion, Giroud is simila to Morata, and he will be coming for a high fee, which shouldn’t be for me.
4. Romelu Lukaku: His blend of power, pace and physicality, makes him an utter nightmare to defend against. The Everton striker has proven that he can perform in the Premier League, which could make him command a high fee. Lukaku has the athletic ability, the size and strength to be a true target man. He just doesn’t have the touch, but considering his age, he has a lot of time to improve on his touches.
3. Alexandre Lacazette: in his last three seasons with Lyon, the Frenchman has banged in 15, 27 and 21 goals. These are outstanding numbers for any club in any league. He being a proven goal scorer in one league equates to a goal scorer in another. The Frenchman’s game is similar to Vardy’s also. He utilizes his electric pace to great effect and is deadly in front of goal.
2. Chicarito: Despicably treated at Manchester United by the arrogant former manager Louis Van Gaal, Chicarito was on his way out of Old Trafford and he certainly could have been available to Arsenal, but unfortunately, such a move never happened. In a scintillating first half of the season at Bayer Leverkusen, Hernandez racked up 17 goals in 28 games across the whole year.
1. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: His pace is outstanding and he uses it so cleverly. His runs are timed to perfection and his finishing is close to perfect.
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is clearly the best replacement for England striker Jamie Vardy.