Wenger PERSONALLY Confirms £65,000-A-Week Star Signing Could Happen

Since Leicester City’s surprise Premier League title triumph last season, English premier League giants have been targeting some of the players pivotal to the success. It’s left to the foxes to either cash in on the players now or give them a big increase in pay grade in order to retain them.

North London giant Arsenal has failed in their attempt to sign Leicester City striker Jamie Vardy, despite triggering the striker’s 20 million pounds release clause. The North London club is also reportedly targeting Vardy’s teammate, Riyad Mahrez, those fantastic performance last season earned him the PFA Player of the Year, and N’Golo Kante.

Arsenal will have to jostle with top clubs like London rivals Chelsea and Manchester United for the signature of Kante. The back pages are reporting that Kante is set to receive a big raise whether he stays or goes.

“Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho is ready to launch a £22m raid for Leicester midfielder N’Golo Kante” according to the Mirror.

The Telegraph says that “Leicester City will offer N’Golo Kante £100,000-a-week in a bid to ward off Chelsea, PSG and Arsenal.”

I has also been reported that Kante will “wait until after the European Championships to make a firm decision on his future.”

Arsenal Manager Arsene Wenger has today praised Kante, but said that he really couldn’t say too much about the transfer process involving Kante.

“Kante is on the list of many clubs. It is an area where we have many players,” Wenger said.

“We will see what happens in the next two or three weeks. It looks like Leicester have bought a player from Nice [Nampalys Mendy] with similar qualities to Kante, so whether they envisage to lose him or not I don’t know.”

“If you ask 100 people in the street if they want Kante to play [for France] you will get 100 saying yes. He has done the job in one or two games and I am not surprised.”

“I said two months ago this boy will play the whole European Championship. We know him well from Leicester now and I am not surprised that he is starting. He has been one of the revelations of the French team.”

Wenger also added: “It is very difficult to talk about that at the moment.”

Going by the words of the Arsenal boss, it seem he is looking towards submitting a bid for the Leicester City man, in his bid to strengthen his squad against next season.