“You Are Not Good Enough” Arsenal Star BLASTS Giroud

Former Arsenal striker Alan Smith has revealed the club cannot rely on French international striker Oliver Giroud next season. The inconsistent striker has been heavily criticized by Arsenal legends, most especially Thierry Henry.

Alan Smith was speaking about Leicester City striker Jamie Vardy rejecting a move to Arsenal to renew his deal at Leicester City and urged Manager Arsene Wenger not to relent in his effort to sign a top striker. The ex-Gunner believes Arsenal need to find a different striker to Olivier Giroud.

“Arsenal have to go again. They need a striker with Danny Welbeck out for the foreseeable future. They can’t rely on Olivier Giroud as the only striker – they had problems with that when he experienced a dip in form,” he explained.

“They do need somebody else and in going for someone like Vardy, Arsene Wenger was obviously after a different type of player to Giroud, which makes sense.”

“Someone quicker, who looks to get behind rather than coming towards the ball, so will be interesting to see who if anyone he does go for because as we know the good strikers out there, all the top clubs are after them.”

Smith also touched on Arsenal’s failed offer for Jamie Vardy, claiming the striker’s decision to reject the Gunners shows times have changed at the North London club.

The ex-Gunner who himself left the King Power stadium for the Emirate in his playing days claims he respects Vardy’s decision not to follow his footsteps

“It’s not often someone turns down Arsenal, especially from a Premier League club and a so-called smaller one, although they are champions.”

“But times have changed. When I went from Leicester to Arsenal it was different. Leicester were always struggling against relegation and the difference in money was there.

“I saw it as a move that could improve my career and to challenge for trophies, which proved to be the case – we won a lot – but he obviously feels he can get everything he needs at Leicester.”

Jamie Vardy’s impressive form for Leicester City last season has seen him earn international recognition as well as a place at the European Championships, though his time with England has helped sway his decision.