BOOM! 5-Year Deal AGREED, Club To ANNOUNCE Arsenal Target Deal Is DONE

This summer transfer window from Arsenal point of view is shaping out like that of last summer. Last summer, we were linked with the signing of many world class players but ended up signing only Petr Cech. And we suffered for it. Unfortunately the same theme is playing out this summer. With players rejecting us left, right and centre.

First it was Jamie Vardy and then Mkhitaryan and if you believe reports from a youngster, yes, a youngster has rejected us in favour of staying at his current club. The said youngster is Lyon’s Houssem Aouar. Arsenal is said to have been talking to the player to move to England but he will now instead sign a new contract with Lyon rather than move to Arsenal. The player will reportedly sign a 5 years deal with Lyon.

Only recently Lyon’s chief scout Gerard Bonneau heaped praised on the highly rated and very versatile midfielder saying; “Houssem has the technical ease, the good vision that allows him to see quickly. He has two feet, can speed up the game, but also can keep the ball at his feet when necessary, besides he has the ability to beat players one against one.

“This is a second striker or a playmaker, but he has this quality of a finisher, capable of scoring and making the last pass.”

This report if true goes to show how backward we have gone in the last few years. We used to be the darling of young players but not any more. Youngsters now know they can earn more elsewhere and have better chance of winning titles.