3 Medicals To Take Place At London Colney This Week – Deals Very Close

With the European Championship finally over, we expect the transfer window to finally kick off. From Arsenal point of view, this week promises to be an interesting week. Last week, there were many reports linking Arsenal to the signing of various players unfortunately no deal was completed. But this week, we expect Arsenal to finalise one if not all of the three of the following deals. Note this is based on educated guess work.

Lacazette – Only on Friday Olympic Lyon’s owner Jean-Michael Aulas confirmed Arsenal have not tabled a bid for the highly rated France international. It was contrary to many reports but with Lyon now on the verge of signing Racing club’s Roger Martinez, we expect the deal to be finalised this week. With Lacazette currently getting less than 50,000 a week, we believe Arsenal should have no problem reach an agreements on personal terms with the player. Lacazette will cost Arsenal as much as £34 million.

Neven Subotic – According to reports, Arsenal have had a bid accepted for the signing of Subotic and that the player is currently in London to hold talks with Arsenal and undergo a medical which if successful will see him signing a four year contract with the Gunners. We do not claim to have any insider knowledge about this but as they say, there is no smoke without fire. The intensity of the reports makes us believe this deal will be done this week.

Guy Smith – With David Ospina and Szczensy set to leave the club permanently and on loan representively, Arsenal certainly needs to sign another goalkeeper and according to reports, NEC Nijmegen goalkeeper Guy Smith will arrive at the Emirates today to undergo a medical and a two weeks trial with the club. The highly rated 20-year-old goalkeeper will be joining on a free transfer having refused to accept NEC’s offer of a new contract.