Arsenal To ANNOUNCE Lacazette Signing As Lyon Finds Replacement

The Gunners are reportedly set to reignite their interest in Racing club striker Roger Martinez after Lyon club president Jean-Michel Aulas hinted that the 25-year-old striker is likely to stay on in Ligue 1 next season. The president claimed the Gunners have not lodged a formal bid for Alexandre Lacazette.

The 22 year old Colombian international who has played for his nation at the Copa America, has a release clause of €8m and it is believed Racing Club have no plans of accepting such an offer if it is made by any suitor.

According to Sportsmail, Arsenal had entered talks to sign Lacazette, realizing that the French club wanted £42million for the France international striker.

But Lyon President, Aulas explained the Gunners had not tabled any bid for their star striker.

Aulas in an interview with L’Equipe said, ‘I saw Arsene [Wenger] during France matches, and he didn’t say anything, so I don’t think it is something.’

‘I think Alex wants to spend this season with Lyon in the new stadium.’

The French man has played 10 times for France but was left out of this summer Euro 2016 squad by Didier Deschamps despite finding the back of the net 21 times last season.

‘He wants to have a Champions League adventure that would be a lot better than last season.’

The Ligue 1 giant performed poorly in the Champions League last season, finishing last of Group H and failing to win a game until the final match day.

‘I think he’ll stay with us, and we’re very happy.’

The Racing club and Columbia international star could be a good replacement for Lacazette, as he is relatively younger and has enough years ahead of him to adjust to the physical and competitive nature of the English Premier League.