Finally! Turkish international to become a Gunner this week

Mikel Arteta goal celebration

After seeing a healthy number of transfer targets join other clubs or extend their stay with their current clubs, it now looks as though Arsene Wenger has shifted his attention and is now returning back to his vomit.

Arsene Wenger is keen on bolstering his squad ahead of the upcoming Premier League season. Now, the story is about Besiktas midfielder Oguzhan Ozyakup.

The Daily Express are reporting that Arsenal are reportedly leading the race in signing Besiktas midfielder Oguzhan Ozyakup.

The Turkish international was part of the Gunners’ youth set up, and he has impressed greatly in Turkey.

Last season Ozyakup scored 9 goals and created a further seven in 31 league appearances to help the Turkish club win the Super Lig.

Now, Spanish outlet Deporte Valenciano claims the north London club are leading the race for the Turkish midfielder.

The report adds Manchester United are also interested in the midfielder, while Valencia have eyed him as a replacement for Andre Gomes.

It is believed that Basiktas are set to cash in on Ozyakup and will accept an offer of £17million for the Turk.

Before Euro 2016, he hinted he could be on the move this summer.

He said: “I am happy at my club but we will see after the European Championship what is going to happen next.”