Arsenal set to land superstar ahead of Manchester United and Chelsea – Gunners fans will love this

The summer transfer window is in full swing so we’ll bring you all the latest Arsenal transfer rumours and gossip from around the globe. Today, Arsenal with their London rivals Chelsea and Manchester United linked with Oguazhan Ozyakup…

According to Daily Star, Arsenal have reportedly joined their Premier League top rivals Manchester United and Chelsea in an attempt to lure in the service of former Arsenal and Besiktas midfielder Oguazhan Ozyakup.

The Turkish giants have gauged the 23-year-old’s transfer evaluation at around £16.8m, and the Gunners appear to be interested in strengthening their midfielder options once more in this transfer window, after the confirmation of Swiss international midfielder Granit Xhaka from Borussia Monchengladbach earlier this summer for £30m.

I believe some of us will recognize the name of the rising young playmaker, having been a part of our U18 youth side that won the Premier Academy trophy in 2009, and to me personally the Turkish international would fit in to the Gunners side seamlessly having been brought up playing the Arsenal way as a teenager.

Despite Ozyakup representing our senior side on a handful of occasions in the FA Cup doing his time at the Emirates stadium, the Turk decided on leaving his childhood club for some first team opportunities, and headed for the Turkish club in the summer of 2012 for just £350,000.

The Turk is reportedly still in close contact with some of his old teammates and would consider a move back to the Emirates should an opportunity arise, but with two year remaining on his contract with the Black Cats, it will take a huge fee to prize him away from the Super Lig giants.

However, should his move prove to be worthy, we are bound to face keen competition from Jose Mourinho’s side, who are looking for back up options the deal for Juventus’ Paul Pogba fall through, as well as Valencia  also, who are also looking for a replacement for Andre Gomes after he completed a move to FC Barcelona.

The Turk has become an integral part of the Turkish side, he maintained his position as a first team regular, and he helped the team with his brilliant performance to a 2015/16 league title with 10 goals and eight assists in all competitions.