BREAKING News – Player confirms Arsenal are ‘very close’ to signing highly-RATED superstar

The summer transfer window is in full swing so we’ll bring you all the latest Arsenal transfer rumours and gossip from around the globe. Today, Arsenal goalkeeper gives update on summer transfer news.

Arsenal goalkeeper Petr Cech has defended the north London club’s transfer policy, claiming that there is no point in the club buying players they do not need.

Arsenal have once again brought in just one senior player, with Swiss international and former Borussia Monchengladbach midfielder Granit Xhaka joining the squad earlier in the summer for £30m.

The fans of the north London club as usual again mocked their club’s lack of transfer activity but the club first choice goalkeeper agrees with the ‘philosophy’ of the club.

He said as quoted by the ESPN FC saying, “I think you need to be buy players you need, you need to buy players that will improve the team and not to buy players just for buying.

“That’s the philosophy of the club. I’ve been here since last season and you can see that every time we bring in a player, it’s a player we need, and the manager believes he improves the team.”

“There is a core of the players who have been at Arsenal for years, and they know that is an advantage as well. People get to know each other, how to play together.”