FRESH: Arsenal In Advance Negotiation for £18m-RATED Serie A want-away superstar

Arsenal are reportedly show their interest in Croatian striker Mario Mandzukic just a year after the forward joined Juventus from Atletico Madrid.

The Italian champions have signed Gonzalo Higuain for a fee believed to be £75m and reports from the Italian news outlet suggest that the club will now sell either Simone Zaza or Mandzukic.

Gazzetta dello Sport credited the north London club, West Ham and Watford to be the top European club showing interest in the 30-year-old who netted ten Serie A goals in the last campaign despite him having just 24 caps.

Mandzukic currently is valued at around £18m in Italy. He said in May:

“I am very happy here and I feel extraordinary. I had bad luck with injuries, but now I feel great and that is why I’m happy.

“I want to stay here, 100 per cent. I am happy at Juve and next season we can do even better.”

“The important thing is to maintain the squad and introduce a couple of stars. That way we can fight to win the Champions League.”

I will add that considering how starched up our midfield is and with our recent procurement of Swiss international Granit Xhaka from Borussia Monchengladbach, I think Mandzukic is an adequate forward who would be able provide us with as much goals as we want which Olivier Giroud has been lacking.