Good News: Wenger admits ‘yes’ to Mahrez speculations – deal to be done ASAP

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has given update to the speculation about Arsenal’s pursuit of Leicester’s Riyad Mahrez by hinting that he is interested in signing the Algerian winger.

The Frenchman was spotted at the StubHub Center in Los Angeles at the weekend to watch the Foxes fall to a 4-0 defeat to Paris Saint-Germain in the international Champions Cup.

His attendance sparked yet more rumours amid reports of the Gunners preparing a £43m bid for the Algeria international, who scored 17 goals in Leicester’s march to the Premier League title.

beIN Sports had a short interview with Wenger after the game and was asked whether he was present at StubHub Center to watch Mahrez and possible if there was any truth in the reports eh had made an offer for the PFA player of the year.

“With a short smile and a nod of the head, the Frenchman of replied, Yes, of course, we watch all the players but we play Leicester in the second game of the season so it’s a good opportunity for us to see them.”

“I cannot give you a ‘yes’ or ‘no’ because we do not publicise our transfer interest and the best way to make things happen is to keep it as secret as possible.”

The Premier League champion’s manager Claudio Ranieri has insisted frequently that the Algerian playmaker is happy at the Kings Power stadium and he will stay with the Foxes.

At present, the 25-year-old is yet to sign the City’s contract extension offer, with reports coming from France yesterday claiming that the winger is not interested in any financial gain but more keen on any club’s style of play.

Wenger, however, will be hopeful that there he’ll have breakthrough in his pursuit for Mahrez better than his chase Jamie Vardy, who’s rejected a £20m move to the north London club to stay remain at the Kings Power stadium.