Le Buteur – “Mahrez desperate to join Arsenal” – Agreed to £100,000-a-week deal

The Algerian outlet Le Buteur have released another update on Riyad Mahrez transfer rumours with Arsenal and they now claim that the attacker will probably accept the move to the Emirates stadium after agreeing the move following talks with the Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger.

The rumours about the winger move to Arsenal have been running for several weeks and the Algerian media have been right in their updates about the matter over the past few days.

Le Buteur claimed last week in one of their report that a reliable source close to the Algerian all the speculations which claimed that there was an agreement in place with Mahrez and the north London club.

The above-mentioned media do also have another update on the Mahrez situation and they now claim that the winger is desperate to join Arsenal after agreeing the move following talks with Arsene Wenger.

“They say the player is now desperate to complete a proposed £38m (€45m) move to north London and has told Leicester as much after rejecting their offer of a £100,000-a-week contract extension.”

The Algerian newspaper also claim Leicester are frustrated that Wenger and Bould decided to scout Mahrez during their 4-0 loss to PSG at the weekend as Claudio Ranieri believes that it’s only further unsettled their star man.

The Arsenal boss have refused to deny his interest in the Algerian after the game on Sunday night and we his reply it appears that we have a concrete interest in Mahrez.

The news outlet usually have a decent record when it comes to Algerian players but they seem to be publishing too many conflicting reports for my liking so I’ll hold fire from getting too excited until something solid comes out.

I’d love to see Mahrez come to Arsenal as he’d be a sensational signing for the us and an attacking trio of Mahrez-Ozil-Sanchez would undeniably be a mouth-watering prospect.

Should Wenger be kind enough to add a top class striker and another reliable centre-back then I think we have the squad capable of going all the way in the title race.