Deal done: £46,000-a-week star lands ahead of medical – [+Tweet]

On Arsenal Banter, we bring you updates with trending Arsenal news from top media sites like Daily Mail, Metro, The Express, The Independent, The Telegraph, SkySports and so on. We also provides with the team Injury News, Predicted Lineups and recent updates from the manager can be found here. Today’s report about Wojciech Szczesny completes his move to AS Roma.

The Arsenal thought to be the number one goalkeeper for this upcoming season is set to complete his move to AS Roma on a season-long loan deal; however, there is no option to make the deal permanent in his agreement with the Romans, as according to reports in the Daily Express.

The Poland goalkeeper spent the last season on loan with the Italian club after he lost his starting spot at the Emirates stadium following the arrival of Czech international goalkeeper Petr Cech from Chelsea.

This loan move will be the second in the Polishman’s career, as he also spent a season long-loan at Brentford during the 2009/10 campaign. Szczesny, the long-legged 6ft5 tall made 34 appearances for Roma and he kept eight clean sheets in the last campaign.

However, based on his report, an Italian news outlet Gazzetta dello Sport claim that the 26-year-old has landed in Roma and he is expected to complete his medical today. The deal as according to reports, will be finalized in the next 24-hours.

Szczesny 3

The report went on claiming that, the deal was delayed over the past few weeks due to his wages, which Arsenal based on the report, does not want to agree to. However, the Italian club have agreed to cover Szczesny £46,000-a-week earnings while also paying £840,000 loan fee to Arsenal.

According to another reports also from an Italian media, Football-Italia, it claims that the deal doesn’t include a buy-out clause as the report stated. After landing at the Airport, he was quoted saying,

“Forza Roma”.

“I’m fine, and I’m happy to be back.”

https://twitter.com/AFCPressWatch/status/761144800808673280

Some among us will be thinking why the manager Arsene Wenger would set him out on loan for the second time, however, Szczesny as we all know, his performances for the gunners in previous season have not be really impressive in some games, though he do performs brilliantly in certain others.

We cannot for sure deny that the Poland goalkeeper is talented, though it is believed that the goalkeeper is yet to reach his full potential.