MEDICALS BOOKED: Griezmann Heading To Arsenal To Replace Giroud

On Arsenal Banter, we bring you updates with trending Arsenal news from top media sites like Daily Mail, Metro, The Express, The Independent, The Telegraph, SkySports and so on. We also provides with the team Injury News, Predicted Lineups and recent updates from the manager can be found here. Today’s report is updates from Antoine Greizmann agent.

Report according to an English media is claiming Arsenal target Antoine Greizmann has rejected interest from the north London club in favour of continuing his stay with Atletico Madrid.

That’s according to the Frenchman’s agent which report was reported by Italian journalist Emanuele Giulianelli. The Italian journalist has also made it known that the Gunners were interested in the Rojiblancos forward as they’re keen on strengthening their attacking options ahead of the upcoming season.

The Emirates outfits manager Arsene Wenger has been linked with several players in this summer transfer window and despite his linking with the players, he has only made three signings this this summer so far.

Wenger signed Switzerland international midfielder Granit Xhaka earlier this summer in a £33m deal from Borussia Monchengladbach before the Euro 2016 began.

In addition, the French boss completes move for Japanese forward from Takuma Asano Sanfrecce Hiroshima and his third signing of the summer Rob Holding who completes his move to the Emirates stadium last month.

Moreover, the Frenchman new target agent has revealed that Griezmann turned down the interest from the north London club in favour of extending his with the Vicente Calderon earlier this year.

A media source in France known as France Football quotes the agent Eric Olhats as follows,

“Antoine extended his contract with pleasure. At no point was this club a back-up plan.”

“Teams from abroad did however call on him during the close season. In England, there were several direct expressions of interest, but a lot of clubs are under reconstruction.

He also added that, “There were also meetings with Paris Saint-Germain. The project was very attractive, but he’s just become a father, he feels good in Spain and Atletico is, I repeat, a great club that gives him everything he expects and which is managed by a great coach.”

It seems this is a blow for us and I think our interest in the Frenchman is over, however, we will be starting the Premier league campaign at home against Liverpool on 14 August.