BREAKING NEWS: Wenger Gives Update On New Defender Signing

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has reportedly described his current Gunners squad’s defensive problems as “very frustrating” but there are rumours that the Frenchman is not planning on adding new additions to the Emirates stadium before our match against Liverpool on Sunday.

This sound somewhat crazy, the above report is claiming the manager will not be adding any reinforcement before the match on Sunday, despite us being without a fit senior central defender. It’s really pathetic.

The Frenchman speaking to talkSPORT as quoted via TRANSFERmarketWEB, he said, “We’ve had two unexpected injuries with Mertesacker and Gabriel, and Koscielny came back very late so we are in a difficult position for Sunday’s game against Liverpool. This is very frustrating, but it’s a part of the game as well.”

“Sometimes you find a solution that you wouldn’t find if you had no injuries. We are short on the experience front and this, centre-back, is a position where experience plays an important part. Of course we will look to add, we are working on it, but until Sunday I have to find an internal solution and an efficient solution.”

However, I just hope the report from the above media should probably be a mere speculation, as I honestly don’t know how the boss is hoping the squad to perform against the Anfield giants on Sunday.