Done Deal ! Arsenal Table £43m Bid For Winger

There was a report yesterday that claims Riyad Mahrez as agreed to personal terms with Arsenal, however, this morning, a report from L’Equipe now claims the Algerian playmaker is ready to force a move to the Emirates stadium after we’ve table an improved bid 0f £35m (€41m).

The Leicester City attacker has strongly been linked with a move with the Gunners this summer after the Algerian international played a starring role in helping the Foxes secure a Premier League title win last season.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has apparently show his interest in the Algerian with reports from the Independent yesterday claims that we were ready to text Leicester’s resolve with an improved offer after seeing our opening £30m bid rejected.

However, the report from the French outlet also suggested that Mahrez has made up his mind join Arsenal and is now prepared to force a move to the Emirates after he was said to have rejected Leicester’s offer of a new contract.

L’Equipe  wasn’t the only media claiming we’ve submitted an offer to Leicester City for the services of the Algerian as another French news agency RMC (via Get French Football) also support the claim that the Gunners have submitted an improved offer for Mahrez but insist we’ll have to pay closer to £43m to convince the Foxes.

As per the Guardian, they claimed Mahrez has accepted and that he’ll stay at the King Power stadium for at least another season following his talks with the board, which is directly in contrast to what the reports emanating from the French media are claiming.

Therefore, it really comes down to whom you choose to believe. The French media according to their report seems to think the reigning PFA Player of the Year wants a move to Arsenal and we’ve submitted a new bid to the Foxes, while report coming from the British outlet claims Mahrez has accepted to the new deal and he’ll stay at with the Foxes for another year.