Impressive ! – Chelsea Target Set For Arsenal Medical, 5-Year Deal Agreed

Yesterday we published a report that claim Shkodran Mustafi has agreed personal terms with Arsenal and that should Arsenal be able to reach an agreement with his club Valencia, the Germany international could be playing for Arsenal against Liverpool.

Although from all indication, Mustafi is not going to play against Liverpool but daily mail reckons the deal could be announced in 48 hours which means an announcement is expected either today or tomorrow. Arsenal have been forced to make a move for another centre back after the injury to both Per Mertesacker and Gabriel Paulista.

Although even before the duo got injured, Arsenal needed another centre back especially considering the fact that Per Mertesacker will be 32 in September and can only be slower and less reliable, but unfortunately and for reasons best known to the club, they left the signing of a centre back unresolved till the injuries.

According to Daily Mail, Mustafi will be signing a five year deal with Arsenal and will be earning as much as £75,000 a week. The reports claim the player is awaiting Arsenal to agree a fee with Valencia ( which they believe will be done ) and the permission to undergo a medical with Arsenal.

This news if true, of which is appears to be considering the number of media out lets reporting in line with Daily mail’s report, signing Mustafi will be a massive boost. It is even better when you consider the fact that Chelsea were also said to be in the running for the signature of the German.

With A centre back finally signed, hopefully Wenger will push through the deal for a striker or at least a wing forward like Riyad Mahrez. Signing a striker may be difficult because we have left it too late but signing a wing forward should not be so difficult especially with Mahrez looking like he wants to leave Leicester City and Julian Draxler who has reportedly told Wolfsburg he wants to leave is also an option.

In my opinion, we could do without a striker IF ( big IF ) we bring in a wing forward. In my opinion, we would have won the league last season if we had someone better than Walcott scoring goals. Imagine if Walcott had scored 17 goals and created 11 assists like Mahrez did for Leicester City last season?