Mahrez To Join Arsenal In £37m Deal After Personal Terms Has Been Agreed

According report from an Algeria news outlet, it claims Riyad Mahrez is expected to complete his move to Arsenal for £37m in coming days as personal terms have been agreed with the Leicester and Algerian international attacking midfielder.

The winger has emerged as a potential target for Arsenal manger Arsene in his pursuit of bolstering his attacking options ahead of the upcoming season.

Mahrez who bagged 17 goals in the last campaign as well as notching 10 assist for the Foxes which same brilliant performance saw the King Power outfit march towards a shock Premier League title win last season has emerged as the Frenchman only target to boost the void place in the Gunners squad.

However, there was a report from Eurosport FR last week that suggested that the playmaker had decided and brought to the notice of Leicester officials about his intent of leaving King Power stadium and Arsenal has been chosen as his next destination following talks between Wenger and his agent Kamel Bengougam.

It appears that Arsenal proposed move Mahrez is edging closer to completion as reports coming from the Algerian outlet is claiming that a journalist close to the Gunners has informed the club that the reigning PFA Player of the Year will complete a £37m move to the Emirates within the next few days.

Despite the Foxes manager keen efforts in trying to persuade the Algerian international to remain at the club with reports also saying that the clubs owners sent a delegate to meet with him and get him convinced in signing a new deal with the club, Mahrez has insisted that he wants to leave for Arsenal.

We believe negotiations between the two clubs are expected to continue but Le Buteur claims Mahrez has already agreed personal terms with Arsenal and the deal might be completed in coming days.

As with any transfer story, we need to take this report with a pinch of salt until something concrete comes out but obviously I’d absolutely love for rumour to be true and to see Mahrez join us at the Emirates stadium before then end of this month.

Also, its worthy to note that if we do end up signing the PFA Player of the Year, it will cast fresh doubts over the future of England international Theo Walcott who’s tipped to face the exit door at the Emirates stadium this summer after losing his place in Wenger’s starting eleven