“£200m Transfer Is Just Around The Corner” – Says Wenger

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger does not believe it will be long before the club first £200 million transfer, with football’s earning power seemingly limitless.

Earlier this week saw Manchester United complete the capture of France international and Paris Saint-Germain for a world record fee of £89 million.

However, with our revenue from television and sponsorship deals continually rising, the Frenchman claims it will not be long before that figure becomes possible.

The boss was asked how long it may take before Arsenal will spends £150 million or £200 million on a player, the Frenchman said, “Not long. I have said that since I have been in the game at some point it has to stop, but as long as football continues to develop and become more popular more money will come in.”

“What is interesting to see is that today, you have a local business and you just want to survive or you have a world business and the money comes in, whether it is Google, Facebook, football or any other sport, they are worldwide so you can’t set any limitations in the income.”

“If football continues to be popular it may become much higher in the future. The new spending power of Premier League clubs has led to what many believe will be the most open title race for years this season.”

He also admits further that as seven teams could consider themselves in the hunt to finish first, some will still argue that its tougher to succeed. Based on his words, he believed that it may actually player into our hands.

“Never before [have so many teams been in the title race], but that can make it easier as well,” said Wenger.

“In that way everyone can drop points. There can be not one team that just walks away with it and nobody can catch.”

“The hope will be alive in the Premier League for everybody maybe longer than ever and so on that front, if you are consistent, it can as well be easier.”

For us, I think the Frenchman is hoping that stability will help us secure our first Premier League title since 2004.

While Premier League rival clubs in the likes of Manchester United, Chelsea, and Manchester City have all changed managers, the boss is entering his 20th season with the North London club and he believes with this, he could provide Arsenal with an advantage to win the Premier League.

“That’s what we have to show, we don’t know,” Wenger added.

“You know sometimes, for example, [Pep] Guardiola has come in, he is a world class manager. [Jose] Mourinho has come in at Man United, will that click very quickly, or will it take some time? We don’t know.”

All the above quotes from the Arsenal manager were according to reports from the Telegraph.