Five Key Players To Watch-OUT For This Season

Arsenal’s season gets underway in less than 24-hours at home to Liverpool as the manager Arsene Wenger looks too win his first title since the Invincibles season, (2003-04).

In line of this, the manager will need to add three star quality additions to the squad in order to achieve his aims, with Shkodran Mustafi, Riyad Mahrez and compatriot Alexandre Lacazette the most preferred targets.

However, the club new signings alone cannot settle into a team alone with the aid of the Gunner current star players.

Assembled together, they may not make a title-winning outfit just yet, but the Gunners have a number of outstanding individuals on the pitch.

In what may be a controversial selection, here’s who we think Arsenal fans regard their most valued players in reverse order.

  1. Hector Bellerin

The Spanish by a hair’s breadth beats Wales international Aaron Ramsey to fifth place here after experiencing an impressive 2015/16 season, which also resulted in a call-up to the Spain’s European Championship squad in France.

Hector Bellerin 2

Still, the 21-year-old Spaniard performances have during the last campaign as well as during the European championships have impressed experts at the CIEW Football Observatory to such an extent that Bellerin has been made the most valuable defender in world football at £43.1 million.

To me, Bellerin is a fan amongst us all; the highly skilled right-back has attracted the attention of Manchester City and his former club Barcelona this summer but has pledged his allegiance to remain with us. As at the moment, there ae no many better players in the Premier League at the moment, and I believe the Spaniard stock will rise rapidly even if we fail in their quest for another Premier League trophy.

  1. Petr Cech

petr-cech_3556276b

Signed from Chelsea last summer, Cech went on to win the Golden Glove award for the most clean sheets throughout the top flight (16) and was invaluable after a shaky start against West Ham on the opening day. Wojciech Szczesny was far from infallible during his time with the club and David Ospina is not consistent enough to be a reliable starter, so Cech is one of Arseal’s most precious assets. His experience will be key ahead of the 2016/17 campaign.

Polish international now loaned to AS Roma Wojciech Szczesny was far from consistency during his time with us and David Ospina is not consistent enough to be a reliable starter. Therefore, Czech international is one of Arsenal’s most precious assets. His experience will be key ahead of the 2016/17 campaign.

  1. Laurent Koscielny

Take it or leave it, it is well-known and accepted that the French international is the only reliable centre-back at the Emirates stadium. Though there are reports that Wenger is considering signing Shkodran Mustafi from Valencia this summer but still without a doubt in my mind, Koscielny is still one of Wenger’s finest signings at the Emirates stadium.

Koscielny goal celebration

However, the 30-year-old will be constantly looked upon this campaign to lead the squad out of trouble, and quite simple, I see no reason while injured Per Mertesacker has been chosen ahead Koscienly as the club new captain. He will not be playing against Liverpool tomorrow after Wenger has ruled him out of the opening clash, but will be returning astonished in new form to the defence before long.

  1. Alexis Sanchez

Alexis-Sanchez 2

I wouldn’t like to be caught in the middle of a pub brawl between Arsenal fans about who should sit upon the highest perch of this list, but to me, the Chilean just misses out on top spot for us.

Sanchez has been an incredible player for us since he arrived from Barcelona in the summer of 2014 for £35m in surely what was one of the best bargain the Frenchman has made in recent times. He adds a potent and revitalizing touch to our attack and he will be an important player in Wenger’s title challenge this season.

  1. Mesut Ozil

To Arsenal, Ozil brought a lot of some undeserved criticism to the club towards the second half of last season. I believe his lack of assists was not really his fault but due to incompetent strikers, we have at the club. Ozil bagged the most outstanding Premier League record by notching up 146 chances.

Generated by  IJG JPEG Library
Generated by IJG JPEG Library

In fact, as per FourFourTwo, the German point out that he had already claimed the new record for himself before the end of April.

To end it all, the reigning German Player of the Year had provided nineteen goals, crossing a gap between first and second place, Tottenham’s Christian Eriksen has Thirteen assists.

There is a recent report claiming the German is considering a move back to his former club Real Madrid.