“Mustafi Very Keen On Arsenal Move” – Confirmed By Skysports & BBC

According to reports coming from BBC Journalist David Ornstein, Valencia defender Shkodran Mustafi is keen to join Arsenal in the summer transfer window. We will have to wait as the move is far from being completed.

While it was initially Valencia who were using delay tactics to stall the move, Arsenal are at fault to delay the transfer this time around according to report.

Arsenal want to get Mustafi on a cheap with a view to holding funds for a potential striker signing. However, Valencia aren’t budging on their valuation of the German defender. Pathetic isn’t it?

As a result, there is a possibility that the move could fall through if the Gunners don’t meet the valuation of Valencia. This is despite the fact that David Orstein has confirmed the player is keen on joining Arsenal.

After an opening season game in which Arsenal conceded 4 goals, the current situation cannot be more frustrating for our fans. Having been told by Sky Sports earlier last week that Mustafi has agreed to terms with the North London club, we are sadly still waiting for Arsenal to push through the deal. Which is very dangerous considering Chelsea are still seemingly in the market for another centre back.

While he has nominated Per Mertesacker as the Captain of the Gunners, Arsene Wenger knows that the veteran German defender won’t come back in action until 2017. With Gabriel also joining the Arsenal skipper on the sidelines, Arsenal have only one decent center back in Laurent Koscielny at the helm, at least at the moment.

With Koscielny still taking his time to return to action, Arsene Wenger fielded a young defensive partnership of Rob Holding and Calum Chambers against Liverpool. As is now evident by a 4-3 score line, the defensive partnership failed miserably against a pacey attacking unit of Liverpool.

Thus, after the game, many Arsenal fans would have hoped for their manager to learn a lesson from this setback. However, as indicated by the above-mentioned reports, it seems that Wenger has decided to put his faith in the young defensive unit of the Gunners. We could sadly see one of the young lads collaborating Koscielny this weekend rather than the Frenchman being partnered with an experienced centre back.

Contrary to the last few seasons where Arsenal succumbed to midseason injuries, the injury of Mertesacker happened deep in pre-season. Just a few days before Arsenal went on their US Pre-Season tour, on July 22, the German defender had hurt his knee in training with the Gunners.

Thus, Arsenal had a full month to buy a replacement of Mertesacker before the start of the new season. However, chose to Wenger play his delaying tactics yet again. Which makes it crystal clear that we never seem to learn anything from the past.