Arsenal Hit By A Major Blow – Real Madrid Want £65m for James Rodriguez

Report according to London Evening Standard claims Arsenal and Chelsea have been told £65m should they’re still interested James Rodriguez.

The report also claims Real Madrid are ready to sell the Colombian star as report from Spanish outlet AS earlier made mentioned of Marco Asensio as a possible replacement for the forward.

Arsenal are reported to face keen competition from Paris Saint-Germain for the services of the Colombian but the report from the Spanish source claims James would like to play in the Premier League.

His interest in playing in the Premier League could be a huge advantage for the Gunners in securing the Los Blancos winger.

However, the English media suggest the lone issue that could appear as an obstacle might be the European champion’s asking price for James, as they reportedly want around £65million for the forward.

Arsene Wenger has already missed out on longstanding targets Gonzalo Higuain and Alvaro Morata, while Lyon appear to have priced the Gunners out of a move for striker Alexandre Lacazette.

Having already missed out on signing Gonzalo Higuain and Alvaro Morata, Lyon appeared to have chased us away with the huge price placed on Lacazette and Arsene Wenger seems to have to turn his attention elsewhere.

The Frenchman as quoted by London Evening Standard speaking at the end of the 4-3 defeat to Liverpool on Sunday, he said,

“We need some players back and of course I’ve said many times before we are working very hard still to get one or two more players in.”

“It’s always desperate because there’s not much time left but I don’t know what you’d call desperate, it has to make sense and be quality.”

“We’ve done that [spent big] before, but it’s about identifying the players and the availability of the players.”