Paul Merson’s Predictions On Leicester City vs Arsenal

Arsenal former player Paul Merson has made his prediction ahead of the upcoming clash with Leicester City on Saturday and admits he’s expecting goals at the King Power stadium.

We kicked off the new 2016/17 season in disappointing fashion after losing to a 4-3 defeat at home to Liverpool last Sunday that has seen the manager Arsene Wenger come under increasing pressure from the fans.

Just as expected, the Gunners inexperienced duo Holding and Chambers were highly exposed by a vibrant Liverpool attack and the supporters have place the blame solely at the manager’s feet for not bringing in new and experienced centre-back yet.

It looks like Koscielny will be rushed back for tomorrow’s game so we will at least have some experience in the middle of defence but the whole team is going to need to play a lot better than we did last week.

Leicester City began their title defence with a 2-1 loss to Hull City so the pressure of winning is on the champions, which it’s also on us as well. It would be a disaster for the duo club to lose their opening two games having lost just three throughout the whole of the last season.

Former Arsenal winger Paul Merson has offered his prediction ahead of the game and understandably, he thinks there will be goals at the King Power with the two teams playing out an entertaining 2-2 draw.

As quoted by Sky Sports, he said,

“Arsenal’s have to win this match. People will say there are still 36 games left after this, but you can’t afford to fall six points behind. Come the end of the season, playing catch-up takes its toll.”

“It’s a similar story for Leicester because you don’t want to start off as champions and lose your first two games. No one had ever lost their first game as champions, and if you then lose your next, all of a sudden your momentum has gone.”

“This is a big football match and I think there will be goals. Last season, Wes Morgan and Robert Huth blocked every shot they jumped in front of, and I don’t think that will happen again.”

“Arsenal can’t defend, we know that, so I’m going for a score draw.”

PAUL PREDICTS 2-2

It’s certainly going to be an intriguing game and I think it’s nailed on that either Vardy or Mahrez will score [probably both!] following our failed attempts to sign the duo this summer.

Losing doesn’t bare thinking about as the reaction from the fans will be horrific so I hope a draw is the least we get tomorrow evening at the King Power Stadium.