Arsenal’s 5th Summer Signing Done – Medicals To Take Place On Monday !

According to an exclusive report from the Daily Mail, it revealed that Arsenal have opened talks with Atletico Madrid and Uruguayan international Jose Gimenez.

Also according to report it claims £56million buy-out clause is over the top but both his agent and the club perhaps know that – and Arsenal would no doubt get him for closer to £40m.

However, I believe our search for a new centre-back could finally come to an end as this is not an article about Shkodran Mustafi but a more better centre-back whose links with Arsenal is reportedly on the verge of collapsing.

Much fans are waiting feverishly for a new centre-back in the club and with recent report linking the Uruguayan defender with the Gunners, I believe this could ease this to an extent.

With clubs like Arsenal showing much desire to sign a player of great ability but they often comes with huge price that scare interested clubs away from committing, despite their overwhelming potential.

However, the Uruguayan has a £56million release clause on his deal with the Rojiblancos,  but report from Sportsmail [via Daily Mail] claims an offer in the range of £40million would please the La Liga giants to sell him.

Gimenez is 21-year-old and I believe he is not one for the future, the Uruguayan has been a key part of Diego Simeone’s side during the La Liga 2015/16 campaign and he’s reportedly enthusiastic to join any first team.

He maintained a balance of speed and agility and despite him being a central defender, he isn’t afraid to get stuck in, I believe it would almost be like having another Laurent Koscielny in the team.