Done Deal ! Medicals Due On Monday – Mustafi Signing’s Done !

Liverpool are reportedly in negotiation with Valencia over Shkodran Mustafi and could hijack the Arsenal’s £25.9m deal to sign the German international defender, according to a report from the Daily Mirror.

We’ve been reportedly working hard trying to sign the defender to the Emirates stadium after Brazilian international Gabriel Paulist joined Per Mertesacker on the sidelines. Gabriel will be returning to the squad in eight weeks times while Per Mertesacker is said to return until New Year.

Albeit all this, Mustafi has emerged as Wenger’s prime target in filling empty space in the squad and recently, there are widespread report suggesting we’ve been in talks with the La Liga giants trying to finalize a deal for Mustafi.

However, based on the recent report, it looks as though we are edging closer to get the deal for the 24-year-old done as report from Daily Star on Thursday night claims a £25.9m deal for the German is edging close to get finalized.

Also according to same report, it also went further suggesting Mustafi put pen to paper at the London Colney and could be due for Medical on Monday.

However, concerning the report from the aforementioned media, there is yet to be any official confirmation that a transfer is in place between the two clubs but the Anfield giants could yet hijack the deal from the Gunners.