Leicester 0 vs Arsenal 0 – Five Things We Learned

Arsenal match away with the reigning Premier League champions Leicester City ended on a draw today at the Kings Power stadium. However, below are the five things we learned from our match against the Foxes.

We felt Huth’s presence underlined at the King Power

The Leicester’s big defender presence was highly felt today and he showed just how greatly he was missed in the match Premier League opening match against Hull City last week. The German-born was however, banned but and despite that, he slipped back in and was the Foxes rock.

Mahrez was just off the pace.

Our summer target who later penned another five year deal with the Foxes seems to be trying hard and taking one touch too many. He’s spotted running into blind alleys. The Daily Star suggests he needs to forget he was last season’s star man and simply things for the Foxes.

Coquelin should have been off game

10 minutes into the second half, Francis Coquelin really should have seen red when he sent the Foxes and Algerian international Riyad Mahrez tumbling. Coquelin had already been booked mid-way through the first half for a foul on Jamie Vardy.

Holding his own

Arsenal’s quest for a new central defender is no secret but they look to have a real prospect in 20-year-old former Bolton man Rob Holding. He didn’t look out of place against last year’s champions. Holding still lacks Premier League experiences but if he’s frequent in the squad, he’ll be next Koscielny.

Feel for Clattenburg

Shame on him were the trending word at the King Power Stadium today, the home fans booed him loudly. He’d hardly put a foot wrong but has to be said his decision to turn down penalty appeals when Musa was clipped by Holding near the end, looked dubious.